When suffering from Gout, Arthritis or Fibromyalgia, special attention needs to be paid to your diet. Sometimes that means depriving yourself of foods that you love… and who doesn’t love chocolate! The good news is that a moderate amount of dark chocolate (not milk chocolate) can actually be good for you if you suffer from excess uric acid. The higher the content of cocoa, the better for your health.
- Cocoa contains flavonoids, powerful antioxidants that fight the symptoms of gout & lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- These antioxidants improve blood circulation which in turn increase the amount of uric acid levels that is dissolved in your bloodstream to be processed and eliminated.
- Raw cacao prevents inflammation due to its interaction with leukotrienes providing relief from a gout attack.
- The antioxidant qualities of dark chocolate also improves the functioning and health of the kidneys which are essential in eliminating uric acid and preventing gout attacks.
- And of course chocolate is a mood lifter which will provide you with a more positive and cheerful outlook on life!
So grab the chocolate but make sure you continue using your Lifetones