When you consume foods that contain purines, uric acid forms during digestion. Under normal circumstances, your body is more than capable to filter out the uric acid through your kidneys and urine. But in some cases, uric acid can accumulate and cause major discomfort.
High uric acid levels in the body is called hyperuricemia. If not treated quickly, it can lead to a disease known as gout which is a form of arthritis. Aside from making our urine and blood too acidic, it can also cause painful joints and muscles due to the accumulation of urate crystals.
What causes high uric acid levels?
There are many reasons for uric acid to collect in your body. Below are some of them:
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Raised triglyceride level
- Certain enzyme disorders
- Some types of cancers or chemotherapy
- An unhealthy diet and lifestyle – like overindulgence of alcohol, purine-rich diet, excessive ingestion of sugary, salty and fatty foods, and lack of exercise and/or inactive lifestyle
Effects high uric acid levels have on the body?
The most common sign of high uric acid levels is gout. Gout is an intense, painful swelling of a joint. It is recurrent in nature and can sometimes affect multiple joints.
How to reduce uric acid levels?
Since gout is extremely painful, it’s beneficial to know that there are ways to lower uric acid levels.
- Limit purine-rich foods such as organ meats, cauliflower, green peas, dried beans and mushrooms.
- Avoid sugary foods and beverages
- Avoid alcohol
- Drink more water
- Balance insulin levels
- Lose weight
- Reduce stress
- Add Lifetones Acid Clear to your supplements
Lifetones Acid Clear is a natural remedy offered by NatureLife SA. The all natural products in Lifetones breaks down uric acid crystals and flushes them out through your kidneys and bladder.