Phyto Soya – FAQ’s
Question: How do I know if I have started Menopause?
Answer: As each woman’s situation is vastly different, this is difficult to predict. Women typically start experiencing hot flushes, mood swings, vaginal dryness and other menopause symptoms when they are going through perimenopause. Perimenopause is generally considered part of the menopause period and can last anywhere from 10 months to 4 years as the ovaries gradually decrease oestrogen production.
Menopause is not considered to have officially begun until a woman misses her period for 12 straight months
Question: How long does Menopause Last?
Answer: From the beginning of perimenopause to all symptoms stopping completely can be anything between two and ten years. Most women experience menopause between their mid-forties and their mid-fifties, although some will occasionally report hot flushes well into their 60s.
Question: What are the advantages of using a product like Phyto Soya?
Answer: Phyto Soya is a safe and natural solution to a natural problem. Phyto Soya is a food supplement containing a natural sourced soya extract specifically formulated to help women maintain balance and wellbeing at the time of change.
Phyto Soya shows great benefits: it has been clinically tested for efficacy and tolerance:
- Significant reduction in hot flushes (1)
- Reduction in night sweats (2)
- Improvement in quality of life (3)
- Clinical study done at a dose of 70 mg isoflavones per day on 75 menopausal women followed for 4 months. Published in Menopause, 2002.
- Clinical study done at a dose of 35 mg isoflavones per day on 190 menopausal women followed for 4 months. Published in Phytomedicine, 2002 vol. 9.
- Clinical study done at a dose of 70 mg isoflavones per day on 305 menopausal women followed for 12 months. Published in Menopause, 2007 and Climacteric, 2008.
Question: Are there any contraindications?
Answer: As a soya extract food supplement, Phyto Soya is the first choice among the various treatments proposed to post-menopausal women which is safe and natural.
Phyto Soya should however not be given to hypothyroidism patients and is not recommended to patients with a history of breast cancer or to pregnant or breast feeding women.
Phyto Soya’s standardised isoflavones extract is scientifically recognized for its beneficial effects on the symptoms of menopause and its real contribution towards maintaining a good quality of life for menopausal women.
Question: What are the symptoms of Perimenopause and Menopause?
Answer: The falling and fluctuating levels of hormone levels experienced can cause the following symptoms:
- Irregular periods
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flushes
- Night sweats
- Sleep problems
- Mood changes
- Weight gain and slowed metabolism
- Thinning hair and dry skin
- Loss of breast fullness or breast pain
- Difficulty in concentrating & memory lapses
- Brittle nails
- Change in body odour
- Depression, anxiety or irritability
- Panic disorder
- Joint pains
- Electric shock sensations
- Itchy skin & tingling extremities
- Gum problems
- Digestive problems
Question: What are isoflavones & don’t they cause breast cancer?
Answer: Soy contains a group of natural plant chemicals called isoflavones. They are found in small amounts in a number of legumes with soybeans having the most concentrated source of isoflavones in our diet. Since isoflavones bind to oestrogen receptors, they can have similar effects to oestrogen, but not nearly as strong as animal-based oestrogen. Human oestrogen is over 1000-times stronger.
Isoflavones also have non-hormonal effects on the body that are very positive. They help regulate cell growth, which safeguards against some cancers. They also play a part in regulating cholesterol levels. Studies on soy have associated eating plenty of soy with lower rates of breast cancer, especially in Asian populations.